Today’s post has been recommended by many, whether you are a high school student, college student, or in the working world, we can all agree that staying healthy isn’t the easiest thing to do. I am currently laughing at myself for typing the word healthy after Thanksgiving last week. I was too stuffed to function but hey, I made a lot of really good veggies and those are filling too. I have always been a relatively healthy person my entire life but of course fall into some bad habits that I try to break as quickly as possible. Below are a couple of my tricks on how to stay healthy during the week.
- Drink a TON of water. This is a must and it is something that I incorporate into everything that I do during the entire day. I find that I drink a lot more water when I am at work because I constantly have my water bottle sitting next to me at my desk. It is so important to stay hydrated all the time.
- Find time to exercise. This sounds easier than it is. We are all busy, regardless if we are working or not. I force myself to workout at least 5 times a week because I feel so much better after I work out. I love working out in the morning before work to get the workout over but also to start my day off well. I have a membership to Pure Barre so I go around 5 times a week and find it to be a really good workout. Unfortunately my body thrives for cardio and I have to do this on top of Pure Barre. Fortunately there is a class called Pure Barre Platform which has a ton of cardio and sure gets me sweating. If I am not at Pure Barre, I’m at Soul Cycle or Flywheel. I try to get 2 cycle classes in a week (usually 1 during the weekend and 1 during the work week). I love going to cycle classes but boy Soul Cycle and Flywheel aren’t the cheapest. Luckily my apartment has a free gym so I use that as well and I have been loving the elliptical lately and all the different machines.
- Get moving. Sitting at my desk at work all day is really hard for my body. I try to get up and moving and walking around the floor once every hour. It helps that I am constantly drinking water so I always need to walk to the bathroom (sorry if TMI) or fill up my water bottle. If I pack my lunch for work, I sometimes go on a walk with my colleague if she/he needs to grab lunch. This gets me outside and moving away from my desk.
- Pack lunches. This is something that I really struggle with because it is SO MUCH easier just going out to get something for lunch. Luckily there are so many healthy options near my office but they are pretty expensive and going out for lunch really can kill a budget. Meal prep is definitely one of my goals to get better at next year and I would love to hear from you if you meal prep and/or what do you make for lunches for work? One thing that I always do regardless of whether or not I bring my lunch is that I always have healthy snacks at my desk. My favorites are unsalted almonds (never was allowed the salted ones as a kid) and an apple for a snack around 3 when my stomach starts sounding like a dying whale. LOL.
- It takes time. Don’t kick yourself for not getting that “perfect body” you have been dreaming of. Practice makes perfect and you need to do what is best for YOUR body. It is so important to love yourself and feel comfortable in your own skin. You are all BEAUTIFUL in your OWN way.
What are your tips on staying healthy?