I am so excited for this weeks Guest Series because my favorite blogger Carly from The College Prepster was so kind enough to answer a few questions! I have been a College Prepster fan for a long time now. I absolutely love Carly’s blog, her photos, and her amazing advice. She is truly an inspiration to girls and I think everyone should be a daily reader of her blog!
Thank you Carly for letting me interview you!
One of my favorite outfits she wore recently!
1. What inspired you to create College Prepster?
I was a freshman at Georgetown University and struggling with my first semester classes and exams. I desperately needed a distraction, something to focus my energies on as a creative outlet. Over Christmas break, I started my blog and the rest is history!
2. When did you realize your blog was well-known by many / a success?
I guess I’m one of those people who think there’s always room to improve. But I definitely realized I was onto something when I was being recognized as “The College Prepster.”
3. What do you believe is the best thing about blogging?
Getting to connect with readers and other bloggers. I have friends all over the world; it’s amazing.
4. Who are your style icons?
I really love Olivia Palermo’s style. She strikes the perfect balance of trendy and timeless.
5. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Know your value and ask for more. I have learned a lot about negotiation over the years.
6. For people who just started blogging, what advice would you give them?
Blog because you love to blog, don’t go in with any other motivation other than loving the process of blogging. (You’ll always be successful that way!)
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I don’t know! It’s too hard to answer 😉
Be sure to follow Carly on Twitter!